Ombre Efffect, A Friendly Gift 3 of 3

I hate to pick favs but this one is my Favorite of the Trio.
Thread - Iris Mint
Batting - Hobbs 80/20
Tools - A ton of templates were used.

When you send me a quilt in the mail and you are unsure of the thread color, I will send you one of these pictures with a description of each thread.
Example: Starting at the top Navy, Turquoise, White and Mint


On the frame and ready to go.....

With this quilt I made myself step outside of my box. I love the look of straight line with a curved element. So I went for it every box had a series of Straight Lines and Curved Lines.

 For this box - a circle template and a straight edge template with 1/4 marks.



 These Big Boxes were so much fun. All of them contained an X across the whole box then lines leading to other lines and circles throughout.

 Every box was different.

This green box is a case study for me. I love that the line continues in a different direction, it really peaks my interest to experiment with this look some more.
So keep your eyes peeled for future post on Lines.
 Had to try this flying geese block.

Serpentine

 These are most of the templates I used, you can never have enough. Check out the one on the bottom left, that one is a new ruler by Natalia Bonner. I used it for many of these designs.



 Border Time
For the border, 3 different size circles were used. Once the first circle was quilted, I would repeat over and over again.

 All Done
Enjoy the many pictures below.
The Sun was shining down making this Quilt glow.





 Back
 Thank you, Sandy

 Which box is your favorite?
Also out of the Trio which one do you like?? Leave a Comment below.

 May your day have Sun Shine that makes you Glow.

Lots of Love, April



Comments

  1. I like the ultramarine blue block with the waves going across and vertical straight lines. Your vaves are very elegant. My favorite quilt is 1 of 3. They are all so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh I just love all the different patterns you used! eye candy! I just got some new rulers from Jamie Wallen for curved cross hatching. I can't wait to try them out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so impressed with your designs and how you chose to execute them. What a phenomenal job of quilting that makes the quilt sing! Absolutely gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how you have mixed curves with straight lines and switched the angle of you straight lines. I'm particularly fond of picture #12 the blue with the curves, is there a name for that design?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Fonda,
      The 12th picture is called a serpentine block. I used an S shaped template to make the curved designs. By just slightly moving the ruler from side to side the serpentine shape begins to take form. Thank you ๐Ÿ˜Š April

      Delete
  5. Your work is beyond beautiful, you are so gifted!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I loved what you did on this quilt. This would be a great 'quilt as you go' learning project, for even domestic machines. You should write a book.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really like the way you have quilted these blocks combining curves and straight likes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Brenda! I love that combo and try to use it as much as I can. Sometimes it's more modern like this and other times it's feathers and straight lines.

      Delete
  8. HI, your quilting style in this quilt is so new to me....truly inspiring! I, also, love the combination of straight lines and curve shapes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do love the effect that this type of quilting has. This quilt has had more attention than I would have ever imagined, which makes me so happy. Thank you for your comment. April

      Delete
    2. I do love the effect that this type of quilting has. This quilt has had more attention than I would have ever imagined, which makes me so happy. Thank you for your comment. April

      Delete
  9. Simply amazing and inspiring! Glad I stumbled onto your site (via pinterest)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I remember the thoughts of quilting ideas on this one and the big one was NO don't quilt it like that. Then YES!!! Straight and Curved lines together are awesome!!! It's definitely the most popular quilt blog and one of my favorites.

      Delete
  10. I love each and every block, but why did you break it up with the borders. I miss the straight lines there. To me it looses the balance there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I believe that was how the pattern was made. I’m just the quilter so I’m not sure.

      Delete
  11. Each one is so unique it is hard to choose. You are amazing. Thank you for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  12. love the serpentine stitch. Where can I get a template to make that block?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry it took me so long to respond. Here's a link to the ruler you where asking about.

      https://handiquilter.com/product/ruler-wave-f-4/

      Delete
  13. My fav's are the solid blue with the staggered waves & the blue & purple that started with the X & circles

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I loved playing around on this quilt.

      Delete
  14. You make the simplest quilt look amazing. Your design style and the elements you incorporate are very impressive

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thank you sew very much ๐Ÿ’• You are so kind.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I would love to hear what you think and answer any questions that you may have. If you do not have a Google account you can leave a comment as Anonymous. April

Popular Posts