How you prepare your quilt top and backing can make a huge difference on how your quilt will lay. You must square your top and backing on all four sides if you want a flat square quilt.
- Iron your quilt top with seams pressed open or to one side.
- Trim all thread, front and back.
- Square up your quilt top.
- Piece your backing making sure that it is 3-4 inches larger than your quilt top on ALL sides, I can piece it for you for an extra cost, if so make sure you send enough yardage. If you need help with this please contact me.
- Trim thread, front and back
- Iron seams either to the side or open.
- Square up you backing.