Under the Weather

A while back I wrote this and thought it would still be good to say:

I’ve been sick now for about a week maybe 2 I can’t remember. It seems like this year the sickness just keeps coming back, circling around my household.

I’m the type of sick that refuses to lay down until absolutely necessary. Since longarm quilting is out of the question, unless I want to unquilt. I decided to fold my fabric. So for days I sat and folded my fabric mostly the same size, while getting caught up on all my tv shows.

Then the time came, time for bed. The fever had taken me down
Being sick sometimes is the only thing that will make me slow down.

After a couple of days in bed, the urge to get up to do something becomes so overwhelming

After a shower and cleaning up my room. I went out on my patio and sat in the sun. Looking out into the winter forest. Thinking of the first time I saw this land and house. Still to this day I am amazed that we are here. That we made it, our dream came true. It was a ton of work but somehow at the time it was so easy.
This land and house seemed to be waiting for us

In these slow down times:
 My mom helped me clean the kitchen with Fleetwood Mac playing in the background.
 Wayland (my son) helping me fold and hang the laundry while talking about everything
 The sun shining down on me, with so much warmth and comfort

Slowing down can be hard, it is for me. These slow times are where memories are made.
Schedules seem to keep you on track but how do you schedule in memories?
Maybe schedule in a time to winde down without your phone:
Take a walk
Sit on the patio
Take a bath/shower

After taking the time to calm down it becomes easier to have a relaxing time with the people you love. Also being comfortable in the quite time instead of filling the quite space with talking. Slow down let someone else be the one to talk. Soak in the moment without controlling it.

Fill yourself with peace and comfort while being surrounded by all that you love.






Comments

Popular Posts