Farm.Quilt.Homeshool.


Today is the 20th of December and Christmas is right around the corner. We have been so busy around with our animals, quilting and homeschooling.
The Cat  below (Milo) was gone for 3 days on a male cat hiatus. So he was just neutered and we hope that he stays closer to home from here on out. Truthfully I think he was trapped in a sheep house about a mile down the road.
If you are wondering that is a Coon Hound next to him in the chair his name is Whiskers.

 Below is Bella she is our Mother Guinea Pig
 Here is the whole lot of the Guinea tribe. Mom, Dad and 6 Piglets. The Chickens love to help the pigs out with their scraps. 
I love Chickens
And Yes that Handsome man is my Husband. I am very lucky to have such an amazing husband that supports anything I do. Including non-stop Quilting.

The pigs below are the Kune Kune Piglets they are a smaller pig than the Guinea. So farm life always comes with loss as well as new life.  We lost 5 of their siblings due to being crushed in the night by the boar. This is common, but since then we have built a bigger better hut. I still worry about them so these girls have their own mud room in the house for now. They come in every night. Hopefully not too much longer. I'm begging to feel like we have pigs for pets.
Now to the inside.
This quilt has been pieced and designed by my Modern Quilt Guild. It will be displayed at Quilt Con 2018. It is currently on the frame and almost done. So keep a look out for a post on the quilting coming soon.

 In between each quilt I clean up my sewing room. Below is my 17 year old dog (Ruby) she is my shadow and my sweet heart. I have had her for 15 of those years.

 Then I decided I needed to rearrange and make a new easy to reach ironing mat.

 This is my design table and fabric wall.
I believe you can never have enough fabric.
Just as long as you keep rotating it.
 With that in mind... I found a huge fabric sale and now I have enough Duck fabric to make new curtains for my whole house.
YES!!!!
The Underwater fabric is for my moms home.
The Damask and Toile are for my home.

100% Cotton on the bolt and in 5 inch squares. The Squares will mostly be used for Cuddly Quilts which is a charity program that I help out with.
That box was $5.00.

Now a look at what we have been doing with our homeschool friends.
We had a get together at Fast Lanes and the boys had a blast.
We bowled with some good friends
 Then Bumper Cars 
 and an indoor rolllercoaster

 With so much going on Wyatt is worn out. .
He currently shares a room with his brother so Wyatt wears ear protection for a good night sleep.
So Cute.

Happy Holidays






Comments

  1. Happy holidays Wells family. Glad to see life keeping you busy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE keeping chickens, too!! We don't have any right now, as I got tired of them being eaten by hawks, coyotes, neighbors dogs, etc, so I told my husband, "do NOT let me get any more chickens until our property (almost 10 acres) is fenced and we have a Great Pyrenees to protect them.
    How exciting to have a quilt that you've quilted hanging at QuiltCon!! Wow! Congratulations!!
    Where on earth did you find fabric at such amazing prices??
    Merry Christmas ~ Tracy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I completely understand, I hate losing animals. It is so upsetting. I am very excited about the Quilt con quilt. It is very modern and the quilting is too. I have really enjoyed quilting it. For the fabric a quilt friend posted that there was a sale a fabric distribution center and I had to go check it out. It was my Christmas present to myself. Merry Christmas to you too I hope your holiday is filled with joy. April

      Delete

Post a Comment

I would love to hear what you think and answer any questions that you may have. If you do not have a Google account you can leave a comment as Anonymous. April

Popular Posts