Dana's Quilt

Simple but Lovely

This quilt had a ton of negative space to fill and my favorite fillers are feathers and swirls.


It's hard to tell from a distance but this quilt is Navy. I used a dark navy thread for the top and bottom. It was #431 So Fine from Superior Threads. 



Inside of the circles, I echoed the designs on the fabric


and the same with the Strip


The backing is a Beautiful Batik



Dana also sent another quilt my way to baste. I did the basting in a 1/2 inch stitch next time I might try a 1/4 inch stitch. 1/2 inch or larger tends to get your fingers caught up in the stitches.
I used a stipple pattern to baste this quilt.


She is currently in the process of finding a Sit-Down Longarm and would like to quilt this one herself
I can't wait to see the finished quilt.

Thank you, Dana



Comments

  1. Beautiful, just Beautiful....Dana showed me pictures but in these I can really see the quilting design....great job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous quilting! Really brings the quilt to life!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I would love to hear what you think and answer any questions that you may have. If you do not have a Google account you can leave a comment as Anonymous. April

Popular Posts