Grandmother's Tulip

https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1EXx_qUCwBHSBQo21ieorgwJ_uYQ7wzPh
I have totally fallen down the rabbit hole of Vintage Quilts. 
A dear friend and client opened my eyes to the wonders of the stories behind the quilt.

I sent her a picture of this block asking if she knew the name of it.


And this is what she found! 
WOW!!!


Who is Barbara Brackman? I've heard her name but I have not really researched her. 
Until now, I found an interview with her on the podcast "Just Wanna Quilt"

Now that I had the name of the quilt I decided to see what else I could find...
Eleanor Burns has a free pattern on her site
If you click on the pattern link you can see the original pattern.
The crazy thing is that I don't really want to make the pattern but connecting all the dots is sew sew FUN!!!



My Vintage Quilt exploring is just beginning. Ebay here I come.

Comments

Popular Posts