Vintage Quilt



Good Morning, 
Sunshine!
The Vintage Quilt is doneπŸ˜„πŸ’₯πŸ’–!
There is nothing better than a completed quilt!!!! 
Well, maybe a fresh new quilt to load up. 
They are both GREAT!!! 
If you have been following along on FB or IG you have seen this quilt. 
If not start following me 

Below is the quilt top ready for quilting. 
On these older quilts, I like to research and find out where they came from. "The back story".
Here's what I found...
I sent this article to the quilt owner and she said that she had purchased the quilt in Missouri. 
The same place that Mrs. Kirby (block creator) lived. 
How much fun!

I also found the block breakdown under a different name. 
(Skyrocket)

Above is the first completed block!!!

Now, let's get down to the nitty-gritty.
Quilt Size: 87"x76"
Batting: Quilters Dream Wool 
Thread: SoFine 401 and 462
Quilting Style: Custom Quilting




The block above was my last block to quilt and also blue.

Here is a video that shows how I quilted the blocks.

Please excuse the watermark. I was testing out video editing programs. 
This one is great!

Border Time:
I love to keep the quilting consistent throughout the whole quilt. I decided that the star would be perfect for the border and beautiful feathers flowing from it. 
I did have to shrink it down a bit to fit within the border, the above is full size. Once it was cut down I traced it onto cardstock and cut it out. 
Using a purple marker to trace around the template, then removing the template and using a straight edge ruler to quilt out the star. 
Check it out below.
I did flip the quilt, which gives me a better grasp on the side borders. 

Once done it was time for a Photo Opp!!!
My Favorite!
 The photo above was taken in the middle of the day. 

The 2 below were taken in the early morning. 
I like the morning light the best.

This was a great project to get back into the quilting world. 
I'm so grateful for the wonderful clients that I have.

Now it's time to load up the next quilt.
 See you soon.
April

Comments

  1. You have done such an amazing and wonderful job! You took a good quilt and made it great! Greater than great! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Carla! I'm so glad that I was able to quilt it for you. :)

      Delete
  2. Love the way you quilted this. Perfect way to get great texture, and let the quilt pattern shine.

    Cynthia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I try my hardest to let the pattern shine, right now I'm working on a star quilt and I have to keep reminding myself to let the pattern shine. Sometimes I just want to take over but it is always best to make the quilt shine from the piecing to the quilting. Thank you!

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  3. Wow this looks amazing April. What a treasure to work on to get back into quilting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It sure was!!! I'm excited to be back. I feel so supported through the quilting community. It's wonderful!!!

      Delete
  4. April, it’s stunning! A delightful post, too.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I would love to hear what you think and answer any questions that you may have. If you do not have a Google account you can leave a comment as Anonymous. April

Popular Posts