Pigs pigs pigs and more pigs

This week has been crazy we have had three litters of pigs.
 We’ve had one mom die and we've have just bought two new pigs that grow faster. 
The two new pigs are female and we plan to mix them with our boar so that we will have a faster growing pig in the long run. 
For now I’m gonna show you some cute pictures of some piglets


New Hereford Pigs
https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1PaERyKgc9_M9smXzh_I1TJl9K4HMOMbZ

https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1VHKfdIhmH0AMs9EQ222rlZQvdkkdjyUN


https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1czg4DzeUjNNxcH6Z8zc0dpowreQbfUQj
This is Pig Pig he is currently the new house pet until he begins walking again.
He had a small seizure and ended up unable to walk.
Now he’s doing better, he can stand up and he can walk a few feet. Now that the weather is better he has been outdoors more and he loves it.

https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=19yM3KD1dFCLr6DNdfzEthRczgNuOE5Ka
Kune Kune and American Guinea Hogs

https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1Ih0-J2683oqhLBa45sUFQzKNLtch4MM-
Curley aka Papa Bear

We’ve only had a few losses but with life also comes death.
 For all of us life is a lot different from living in the city and it’s well worth being out here in the country living with our pigs.

I hope that you enjoy being a little bit of my new life on our farm.

Soon, I hope to post some quilting pictures.
Currently I am working on a secret quilt so I’m unable to post any eye candy lately. Very soon I'll get another quilt on the frame and you’ll be able to see some quilting. 

Comments

  1. Oh my goodness, I'm dying over the cuteness. My husband promised me that we'd get some pigs this year. Now I'm even more excited.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are great! Research so that you can find the right pig for your needs. The polka dot pigs (kune kune/agh) take 24 months to grow out and are around 250-300 lbs. The orange and white (Herefords) take 12 month and are around 500 lbs. We (My husband and son) butcher them ourselves which cuts down on the cost. They are a ton of fun but at the sametime a ton of work. Make sure to buy 2 our first one ran away :/
    I have a few that are my best buds that will never go on the butcher block and I know which one will an try to keep from becoming best buds.
    I have one named Sally that came to us sick and I brought her back to health. She follows me all around and loves to sit with me while I pet her. She will place her head on my knee. She is the best.
    Anyways, I could talk pig forever. Goodluck in your hunt for just the right pig.
    April

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I would love to hear what you think and answer any questions that you may have. If you do not have a Google account you can leave a comment as Anonymous. April

Popular Posts