What are the different types of Custom Quilting???

Video Below ↓

I've been asking myself this for the past year. How can I define the different levels of Custom Quilting? I went to look up the actual definition of custom quilting and there is not one???? No wonder I've been struggling with this! If you were to look on my "quilting pricing page" these are the descriptions that you would find. Maybe I should make the Full and Show ones pop a bit more?
  • Slightly Custom Quilted Best Deal!!! This quilting will make your quilt shine with minimal SID and quilting that works with your piecing to make it pop. 

  •  Mid Custom Quilting includes some ruler work, SID (stitch in the ditch) and background designs. This type of quilting will personalize your quilt and keep the cost down.

  • Full Custom Quilting includes ruler work, SID and elaborate secondary background designs 

  • Show Custom Quilting includes ruler work, SID, elaborate secondary background designs, and buried stitches. 

I think some pictures will help both of us.


Here is Slightly Custom: 
Don't worry the batting is wool and all is good. In the end I quilted a few more circles. Just to make the line spacing throughout the entire quilt more consistent.



Mid Custom:



Full Custom or Show Custom:


Here is a video to show a few more examples:


Let me know what your different definitions of custom quilting are. 
If you can tell I've been having a ton of fun with this challenge / quilting follow along. I hope that you are too. 
One thing to remember is that in the end a quilt is made to keep you warm. 
But it's so much fun to make them pretty.

April Wells


Comments

Popular Posts