Dancing with your Sewing Machine

Do you dance with your sewing machine? 
No, not actually picking it up and dancing, which I'm sure we have all done. I'm talking about when you sit down to begin sewing and someone walks in your sewing room and needs you!!! 

MOM! there's a pig stuck in the fence! 
MOM! timmy fell in the well (hopefully you get that one) 

Just as you come back another thing pulls you away, this type of dance is what I'm talking about, back and forth and back and forth Again. There are so many reasons that we get pulled away from our quilting.....
Lately these little suckers have been the main reason! Now I love my pigs but they love to get out. To get them back in requires time, patience and sometime $$$. Fencing is not cheap, so far electric fence has been the best way to go, but we were trying to be kind and put up wire fencing. One piglet did get stuck and she did not make it. (Not so Kind)  Currently they are all running a muck. Thank goodness we live in the middle of nowhere. Which means are main threats are the coyotes and getting stuck in the fence. We currently have 21 pigs most are piglets. It's time to put the electric fence back up. :(

In the process of adding chicken wire to the in side of the fence.
My other reason for quilt dancing are these 2 squirts below. 
Motherhood....more than anything I want them to have more than I had and I had a lot. I want them to have my attention to be there and to know just by looking at them how they are feeling. This job is harder than dealing with those pigs. 😐


 Wayland has just begun attending a Charter school in the area and I am so proud of how hard he is working. Unfortunately it is not working out. He has Tourettes which is accompanied with OCD. Sitting in a class with so many kids surrounding him is driving him nuts. He loves learning but he is completely unable to focus. If it was just him and the teacher all would be perfect. So it looks like homeschooling is what is going to be best for him. On the up side since he has been in school Wyatt (my youngest son) and I have been attending a group called "Roadrunners" It's a sport group that meets every Tuesday. I get to talk to other moms and they get to play with other kids. It's an amazing group. We have also joined a small homeschool group that has field trips 3-4 times a month with the same kids. So, as sad as I am that he will not be in this amazing school, I am just as excited to have him here at home.



 At times I feel like I'm burnt out on quilting. So, I've changed it up a bit. I have begun piecing more and longarming a bit less. Truthfully my longarming has made a small shift too. I have a ton of all overs come in and I couldn't be more excited. Currently I love a good Allover or a mid custom quilt. 

My goal is to wake up b4 everyone else and begin my day sewing. Then around 9:00 feed the animals and kids and start our day. Hopefully this will give me some uninterrupted time to sew and do my own thing. 

Recently, 
I joined a Sew Along by Suzy Quilts and so far it has been a blast. Suzy puts out the cutest videos and is just real. I think a good dose of real and funny are the best. Below our my first 2 blocks.


 I do love to play with fabric, here is my table after block making.
You can arrange the blocks any way u like.
I think this is what I going to do.
The Dance is real in my life, but it's all how stride. 

Keep Calm 
and 
Dance On


Big ol' Curly

Comments

  1. Very well written post! Enjoy those boys....they grow up too fast. Loving your fabric creation. I must check out that link. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you It’s nice having them both with me again

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow I love your quilting! I see these are older posts I hope you are continuing to quilt and post!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I would love to hear what you think and answer any questions that you may have. If you do not have a Google account you can leave a comment as Anonymous. April

Popular Posts