What is going on at Sew Darn Cute Quilting....

I have been busy but not so much in a quilting kinda way. It seems that the summer time brings so many opportunities to get outside and enjoy life outdoors for a change. It has been refreshing to escape from my quilting demands for a bit and work on my quilts for a change. Here are a few other things that have been keeping me busy.

 Hanging out with my guys has been at the top of my list.
Wyatt has a new bow and has been practicing everyday. He also wants to take an Archery Class.
 This mini water fall was on the way to pick up a new puppy for my mom.
 Here she is her name is Rose. She is a Great Pyrenees.
 Wyatt found my silver fabric and turned into the Silver Bandit.
Meanwhile...
 Outside we have some big things happening in the garden.

 Mostly Melons, Potatoes, Squash and Tomatoes

 So here it is my Show Quilt!!! 
Not much to look at here but I promise progress is being made. This quilt is on the down low and will not be revealed until it is hanging at a quilt show. 
I plan on entering it into AQS Spring Paducah of 2019 :)



 Besides that I am in a Swap through Instagram for the month of June.
Below are all the test blocks that I made trying to decide on which block for my swap.
Below is the block that I chose in 2 different color ways. 
I can't wait to see what arrives in the mail.

My favorite thing to do is hang out outside and soak in all the green that has just exploded all around our land. The one thing I have found out about homesteading is that there is always something to do. From pulling weeds to building pig huts it seems like the list is never ending. But a very wise man once told me that "Work is a gift from God" I find that to be very true. Working on the land makes a break in the hammock so much more rewarding.

 Take Care, April

Comments

Popular Posts