All About the Greenery Through the Trees

Did you enter the Greenery Challenge? Well, I meant to enter but the days came and went and I had a huge Brain Fart and completely lost track of the date. Lucky for me my Modern Guild had a Greenery Challenge, too.

Thread - Iris 
Batting - 80/20 Hobbs and Hobbs Wool


Here we are, All about the greenery.

Through the Trees is the name of my quilt and my inspiration. Walking around on our land and seeing the view through the trees, is always so beautiful. The light that shines through is like the God's light shining down on me. Which makes me feel so blessed. I'm so happy to be here on this beautiful piece of the world. I have never felt so free and inspired. The beauty that surrounds me every day pulls me up through the trees.


This Star started with a drawing. This is where it all began. 



 10 squares and 6 HST's measuring 3" when finished.


A great tutorial on Half Square Triangles




Here is the layout.


1 block all sewn together.


Cornerstones


4 blocks all sewn together.

with borders, time to quilt....


My favorite part.
Loaded and ready to quilt.


My Design is all Drawn out 
Quilted

Embellished


Opps... Sometimes mistakes happen, luckily fabric is forgiving.



All Done!!!!
Now, what color binding?


White and Orange Flange Binding Wins.










But Wait I had one more Greenery Challenge come through my door. Elizabeth Ray asked me to help her finish out quilting her Greenery Challenge. The Green half was quilted by Elizabeth and the White half was quilted by me.

Aurifil Thread 
 Dream Orient Batting (I love this batting)


Ghost Circles surrounded by swirls.







Using the black light on my longarm helps with the precision of my quilting.



The next open area is filled with feathers, swirls, and straight lines.


All Done and ready to go back home for the binding.



Tula Fabrics are so Beautiful.




Here is Elizatheth at out Q.U.I.L.T. meeting talking about her Greenery Challenge.

Thank you, Elizabeth

Comments

  1. Love the quilting you did on both of these quilts!! I've got one almost ready to bring you. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Carla. I can't wait to see your quilt.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. I'm a sucker for green, and your quilting is very inspirational!

      Delete
  3. I truly love all the quilts especially the 1st one. I can not wait to make it myself. Thank you. :) replies:robinsbusiness@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much 😊 I would love to see a picture when you are done.

      Delete
  4. Looks like you are the baby of the bunch :-)
    These are both fabulous!! I especially like what you did in the white in Elizabeth's quilt! Too bad one can't improve by looking at someone's amazing quilting ~ I read a blog, get all inspired, think "I can DO THIS!" But, uh, not so much. not yet... heehee (That black light is awesome!)
    Stay cool (well, relatively... there's no 'cool' in Arkansas in July ;-)
    Tracy

    ReplyDelete
  5. This was such an inspiring post, I had to make a return visit and spend more time soaking it all in!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I would love to hear what you think and answer any questions that you may have. If you do not have a Google account you can leave a comment as Anonymous. April

Popular Posts