Cuddly Quilts

 I have been given the chance to help with the quilt charity associated with the Q.U.I.L.T. guild that I am a member of. My job will be to get the quilts made.
What 's going on with Cuddly Quilts? (all events will be posted on Cuddly Quilts Facebook Page and in the Q.U.I.L.T. newsletter.)
  • Cutting Parties - Will include cutting the fabric into kits. Each kit will include a pattern and fabric needed to make the quilt top
  • Sewing Parties - We will be sewing up quilt tops, backings, quilting small quilts and binding.
  • At the Q.U.I.L.T meetings I will have a table up which will have quilt kits, quilts that are in need of binding and quilting. There will also be grab bags that are filled with theme fabric to be made into a top. some themes that I already have are Garden, Pirates and Cat in the Hat. You can take a Grab Bag and make any kind of quilt pattern you would like. Also found at this table will be a sign up sheet, if you take something please sign up. All volunteers will be placed in a drawing at the end of the year to win a PRIZE. So don't forget to sign up.  
  • Location for Parties so far I have NTI in Springdale (for sewing parties) and the Bella Vista Library (for cutting parties)
How can you help?

At the Q.U.I.L.T. meetings come to the Cuddly Quilts table and I will have all kinds of projects in need of.... 
  • Cutting Kits for simple patterns (some ideas are down below)
  • Piecing Tops (you can use the patterns below or use any pattern you like)
  • Quilting (Longarm Quilting, Hand Quilters and Sit Down Quilters are all welcome)
  • Binding (Machine, Hand any kind is great)
  • Labels (see below)


So where do all of these quilts go? 
Most go to Arkansas's Children's Hospital and the others go to Young Women in need of a bit of Love. If you have a charity in mind please let me know and I can get in touch with them. I would love to send quilts to many different charities. 



The top shelf is filled fabric that is at least 36 x 36 and up (for backing). The top shelf is all marked by size. 
The bottom shelf is filled with all fabrics under 36 x 36 (for piecing) Both Shelves are sorted by color. 



So let's say you want to make up your own quilt pattern. I can make you a bundle pack of fabric. All you need to do is Message me through Facebook or Text me or Call me @ 479-233-1835.  When you get in touch with me for a bundle pack I will need to know what color or colors and the theme of fabric (pirates). The fabric that Cuddly Quilts has is mostly flannel which means your grab bag will contain flannel and cotton.
Also do you want to piece the backing? I can send extra fabric.
How about the binding? 
Do you want to quilt it? I have Poly batting if you know the size of your quilt I can cut it for you. Or you can use any batting that you prefer to quilt with.


These are the patterns that I would like to guide us at the cutting parties. Stars, Hearts and Stripes.

We have a new quilt pattern that has been assembled and redesigned by Elizabeth Ray.
Pattern will be in kits and at the Q.U.I.L.T. guild meeting.
Also a video on the construction of this quilt is at Missouri Star Quilt. Our fabric measurements are a bit different, but you can make it however you like.

Cutting Sizes: 
3.5" Strips
2.5" Strips
4.5" Strips


Star Quilt 
If you are bringing a cutting machine (AccuQuilt) here are the sizes we will need to cut.

Baby Quilt

6" x 6"
and 7 1/4" x 7 1/4"

Lap Size Quilt
9" x 9"
and 10 1/4" x 10 1/4"




If you are bringing a cutting machine (AccuQuilt) here are the sizes we will need to cut.
Sizes to be cut for the heart pattern
5 1/2" x 10 1/2"
5 1/2" x 5 1/2"
2" x 2"
and 2 1/2" strips


Simple Heart Quilt + Tutorial | Cluck Cluck Sew | Bloglovin’:




Strip Quilt To be added soon. Strips will be 3 1/2"

Also needed from anyone that has an Embroidery Machine. 
Cuddly Quilts is in need of LABELS.
The labels need to Say:

A Gift from 
Cuddly Quilts
The Pat Anglin Project
Q.U.I.L.T. of NWA 

I am very excited to get all of these projects going. If you have fabric or a quilt for Cuddly Quilts you can find me at the Modern Quilt Guild of NWA, Up in Arms Quilt Guild or the Q.U.I.L.T. Guild of NWA. I live in Decatur, AR if you are close by I can meet up with you. 

Hopefully with our Cutting and Sewing Parties we can work together to make something special for someone in need.

Hope to see you soon at the next Q.U.I.L.T. meeting.

Comments

Popular Posts