Teacher Quilt 2014

 I took a piece of white fabric up to my son's class and had all of the kids draw a picture and sign it. 

 I had to mess around with my photo editor. 
Silly boys :)

 When I saw this fabric I knew that it was the one, so bright and happy.

 Here are a few close ups
 There was more negative space then I had planed on so I added some applique. For the quilting I used mostly dollop echo, a few swirls and a feather. This quilt was lots of fun and came together pretty quick. My step mom and her friend Becky helped me cut out the applique. Once the applique was ironed down I did a straight stitch all around each applique piece. Maybe soon I will make a tutorial, that would be fun.

My son took this picture, I think I found a new photographer. 

Here they are my little helpers.
The end of the school year is here and the beginning of summer is here, I sure do need the break. Next week we will begin our summer swim park days. We get there as soon as they open, grab a table, set up and hit the water. I pack us a lunch, lots of fruit and water. Then we leave about 12 or so. When we get home the boys are worn out and I have quite sew time:)

Comments

  1. What a great idea..... Very cute quilt. Good work Mom! You have your hands full for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. April, this is beautiful, love this quilt and I know the teacher did too. Fantastic job on the quilting.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I would love to hear what you think and answer any questions that you may have. If you do not have a Google account you can leave a comment as Anonymous. April

Popular Posts