Teacher Quilt

Ms Kelch - 2013 
Quilt

This is a quilt that I made last year for my sons' 1st grade teacher, Ms Kelch. I made the middle from a white piece of fabric large enough for all the kids to have about a 9x9 space to draw a handprint and sign their name. The white fabric was reiforced with fabric stabized and the kids used fabric makers. I recognized that Ms Kelch liked pink and zebra, so I used that motif in her quilt.

I made this quilt before I had become the Free Motion Quilter that I am today. I did the best that I could do at the time to quilt around all of the hands. 

It is always fun to go back and look at your previous work and to see how far you have come.  
Here is a close up of the hand prints.

For the letters I printed them out on paper inverted them and then fused and sewed them on.






The back has an apple teacher print.


Find some time to do what you love today.
:)

Comments

Popular Posts